April 2018-Richardson, TX
Reef Securities Inc. and its owner and president Frank Mauceli were sanctioned by FINRA on April 11, 2018, for failing to timely notify investors in an Oil and Gas Drilling and Income Fund L.P. , sold in 2014, of revisions to an offering prospectus and of the investors’ rights to rescind his or her investment.
In addition Reef was sanctioned for advertising violations in another Reef offering. According to the FINRA sanction the subject advertising communications:
“failed to provide a balanced presentation or a sound basis for evaluating the investments being promoted, contained misleading and unwarranted claims, and, in addition, made prohibited profit projections.”
FINRA noted the following as being inconsistent and unwarranted statements in the subject advertising materials:
- a 3 year profit range of 45%-75% in one communication vs a 35-45% range in another communication
- a divest period of 24-36 months in one communication vs. 3-5 years in another communication
- prohibited investor performance projections such as “Total Anticipated Profit 45%-75%”
Reef Securities was censured and fined $40,000. Mauceli was fined $5,000 and suspended 4 months from association from any FINRA member firm in all principal capacities. FINRA AWC2015043469001
Reef Oil and Gas, an affiliate of Reef Securities, engages in the developing, exploiting and producing oil and natural gas.
A partial list of recent Reef oil and gas offerings we have been investigating:
- Reef 2015 Oil & Gas Opportunity Fund
- Reef 2015 Income Fund
- Reef Bakken Bear Cat Drilling Fund
- Reef 2012-A Private Drilling Fund
- Reef 2011 Private Drilling Fund
- Reef 2010 Drilling Fund
- Reef 2009 Drilling Fund
- Reef 2007-2009 Drilling Program
- Reef Oil & Gas Drilling & Income Fund
- Reef Oil & Gas Income & Development Fund III
- Reef Oil & Gas Income & Development Fund IV
Reef Oil and Gas investments were sold by many brokerage firms, including Reef Securities. These investments can be unsuitable for certain individuals, including the elderly and retired. If you have losses on an investment in one of the Reef Oil and Gas offerings, call for a no charge consultation to discuss your options.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900