UPDATE October 2016-Anthony Diaz discloses a total of 42 customer complaints, of which 16 are currently pending. In addition he discloses 5 Employment Separations After Allegations by former employers. See this for FINRA brokercheck record.
Original post February 2016-Anthony Diaz (CRD 4131948) entered into an Order Accepting Offer of Settlement with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) on May 27, 2015, agreeing, without admitting or denying FINRA’s allegations, to a bar from acting as a broker or otherwise associating with firms that sell securities to the public.
The FINRA Order makes the following Findings and Conclusions:
- Diaz induced approximately eighty customers to enter into variable annuity exchanges, often subject to significant surrender charges, without a reasonable basis for recommending those exchanges.
- Diaz engaged in misconduct in connection with the sale of direct participation partnerships and real estate investment trusts, or REITs, during the period February 2007 through February 2010, falsely telling seven customers that the investments were either guaranteed or guaranteed to pay certain amounts of interest.
- Diaz falsified or caused the falsification of the liquid net worth, net worth, and/or income information for at least nine customers to make it appear that they were eligible to invest in the products described in the preceding paragraph when they in fact were not. He also altered or caused the alteration of the dates that appeared next to the signatures ofcustomers on authorizations to transfer accounts on at least two occasions.
- Diaz made unauthorized trades in the accounts of at least seven customers
- Diaz was fired by or allowed to resign from more than half of the eleven firms at which he worked over his fourteen years in the securities industry.
According to FINRA records, Diaz has been named in 38 customer disputes of which 23 are currently pending.
Diaz most recent employments were:
9/2012-4/2015 IBN Financial Services
3/2012-9/2012 Sandlapper Securities
8/2011- 3/2012 International Financial Solutions
4/2011-8/2011 Kovack Securities
3/2010- 4/2011 Matrix Capital Group
If you have losses in an account handled by Anthony Diaz, contact us to learn how you may be able to collect damages from his former employer. FINRA records indicate that Diaz operated under these DBAs: Financial Planners Group of America, Wealth Management Group of America and Anthony Diaz, Inc.
Anthony Diaz FINRA Order May 2015 can be viewed here.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900