January 2019-Tucson, AZ
We recently filed an arbitration claim with FINRA on behalf of an Arizona couple who allege that Kirk Gill over concentrated their retirement accounts with energy stocks and made unsuitable investment recommendations which has resulted in significant losses.
These clients allege that Gill’s recommendations to purchase these energy investments were unsuitable:
- Atlas Resource Partners, LP
- Cliffs Natural Resources
- CVR Refining LP
- Energy Transfer Partners, LP
- Kayne Anderson Energy Development Co.
- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd.
- Prospect Capital Corporation
- Seadrill Ltd.
The FINRA records of Kirk J. Gill , a stockbroker who is currently employed by Taylor Capital Management disclose 2 pending customer disputes , 13 prior final customer disputes and a termination from employment.
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is the agency that licenses and regulates stockbrokers and brokerage firms. FINRA requires brokers and brokerage firms to report customer complaints and disputes as well as regulatory sanctions. In addition brokers are required to disclose certain financial matters such as personal bankruptcies, judgments and liens.
The currently pending disputes include:
- FINRA Case 18-0762- a customer of Gill’s former employer Morgan Stanley Smith Barney seeks damages of over $900,000 and alleges that from 2009-2016 Gill made numerous unsuitable recommendations in limited partnerships and other direct investments.
- FINRA Case 16-2230- another customer of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney alleges damages of $500,000 for unsuitable recommendations from 2011-2015.
Over $900,000 has been paid to resolve the prior customer complaints against Gill. The settled cases include:
- FINRA Case 17-2003-a Morgan Stanley customer was paid $275,000 to resolve claims for unsuitable investments made by Gill.
- FINRA Case 17-0335 – a customer of Gill’s former employer Morgan Stanley Smith Barney alleged damages of $500,000 for unsuitable investments from 2010-2016. The case was settled for $150,000.
Kirk Gill was employed by Morgan Stanley from 6/2009-4/2016. Gill then worked for First Financial Equity Corp. from 3/2016-6/2018 when he was permitted to resign due to firm concerns regarding Gill’s sales practices and Gill’s failure to agree to the terms of the firm’s enhanced supervision plan.
Kirk Gill is registered as an investment adviser representative wtih Triumph Wealth Advisors in Tucson, AZ according to SEC records. .
If you have losses in an account in an account handled by Kirk Gill , you may be able to recover damages from his former employer through FINRA arbitration. Call for a no charge consultation.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900