Garden City, New York
MAY 2017 UPDATE–MCMahon’s FINRA record discloses 5 pending and 11 final customer disputes.
In 11/2016 FINRA case 15-1558 was settled for $400,000 to resolve allegations by a customer of National Securities that McMahon breached his fiduciary duty, made misrepresentations and was negligent.
In 4/2017 a customer of National Securities Corp filed FINRA case 17-0703 alleging damages of between $500,000-$700,000 for negligence, misrepresentations, and breach of fiduciary duty. That case is currently pending.
ORIGINAL POST-May 2016–
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is the agency that licenses and regulates stockbrokers and brokerage firms. FINRA requires brokers and brokerage firms to report customer complaints and disputes as well as regulatory sanctions. In addition brokers are required to disclose certain financial matters such as personal bankruptcies, judgments and liens.
According to FINRA records, Michael P. McMahon, currently a broker with Worden Capital Management, discloses 9 pending customer disputes and 6 finalized customer disputes.
Prior resolved cases include:
- FINRA Case 14-2905, a customer while McMahon was registered with National Securities Corp alleged damages of $480,000 for unsuitability, churning and other claims. Case settled for $262,500.
- FINRA Case 9-5072, a customer while McMahon was registered with Woodstock Financial Group alleged damages of $242,682 for negligence, misrepresentation and other claims. Case settled for $140,000.
Currently pending cases include:
- FINRA Case 16-595- A customer of National Securities Corp alleges damages of $550,000 for negligent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary.
- FINRA Case 16-661-A customer of National Securities Corp alleges damages of $250,000 for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence.
- FINRA Case 16-735- A customer of National Securities Corp. alleges damages of $500,000 for breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation.
McMahon has been registered with Worden Capital Management since 6/2015. Prior to that he was registered with Four Points Capital Partners, National Securities Corporation and Woodstock Financial Group.
If you have questions about an account handled by Michael P. McMahon contact us to discuss your options and to learn how you may be able to recover damages through FINRA arbitration.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900