November 15, 2014- The Scranton Times-Tribune reports that Jason Muskey of Moosic, PA, has been sued for stealing from his mother, his wife’s uncle and two others.
According to the suit, Muskey took advantage of people, mostly blue collar workers, who were not experienced in financial dealings and covered up his fraud for years by creating and sending out phony quarterly statements which led the victims to believe they were making money.
The suit names Ameritas Life Insurance and Ameritas Invesment Corp, since according to the allegations Muskey works the third shift at a warehouse and is broke.
FINRA records indicate the following about Muskey’s past professional career:
- He was licensed with Ameritas Investment Corp from 6/2006-6/2014
- He was licensed with Carillon Investments from 1/2006-6/2006
- In June 2014 he was barred from the securities industry for failing to respond to a regulatory investigation
- In June 2014 the United States Secret Service initiated an investigation into allegations of theft and forgery
- There are 5 pending customer disputes and 1 customer dispute that has been resolved against Jason Muskey.
Ameritas Investment Corp. was formed in 1984. They have nearly 1,300 registered representatives in over 550 offices nationwide. Their main office is located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Rex Securities Law provides nationwide representation to investors seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney. Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
If you suffered losses in an account handled by Muskey, contact us to discuss how you may be entitled to damages.
561 391 1900