SHERMAN, TX-September 11,2014
The Dallas Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced that a federal grand jury for the Eastern District of Texas returned a 76 page indictment charging the following with conspiracy to commit bank fraud and aggravated identity theft:
- Robert Aaron Green, 27, of Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- Christopher Henry Cosby, 25, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dianna Leigh Painton, 23, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Shelton Jerrod Green, 23, of Casselberry, FL
- Demetris Jerome Cunnigham, 28, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Mallori Lee Moss, 25, of Port Orange, FL, and Dallas, Texas
- Benny Lee Doe, Jr., 30, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Steven Taurus Green, 23, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Christina Lynn Gallo, 34, of Coral Springs, FL
- David Lee Brown, 26, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Johnthavias Keon Brown, 26, of Lauderhill, FL
- Kamesha Nycole Brown, 24, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Moses George Freelove, 23, of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Wendi Lee Wrenn, 47, of Port Orange, FL
- Christian Dominique Scott, 28, of Dallas, Texas, and
- Katherine Jones Reynolds, 51, of Mesquite, Texas
The indictment outlines a detailed and well orchestrated conspiracy with some of the perpetrators breaking into cars to steal purses and wallets and other members of the conspiracy disguising themselves as theft victims, wigs and all, who would cash stolen checks at a bank drive-in window, driving a rental car.
An earlier related case involved 11 individuals, some of whom have already pleaded guilty:
- Melvin Donnell Ferrell, 29, of Fort Lauderdale, sentenced to 70 months in federal prison on Sep. 8, 2014 and ordered to pay $28,281 in restitution;
- Craig Dwayne Tobias, 34, of Fort Lauderdale, sentenced to 46 months in federal prison on Sep. 3, 2014 and ordered to pay $6,673.37 in restitution;
- Atamian Rajuan Johnson, 32, of Riviera Beach, Florida, sentenced to 37 months in federal prison on Sep. 8, 2014, and ordered to pay $6,673.37 in restitution;
- Makeisha Ann Williams, 37, of Dallas, sentenced to 27 months in federal prison on Sep. 8, 2014, and ordered to pay $4,010 in restitution;
- Misty Dawn Hendrix, 38, of Dallas, sentenced to 37 months in federal prison on Sep. 3, 2014, and ordered to pay $2,313.37 in restitution; and
- Marc Anthony Booker, 25, of Austin, Texas, sentenced to 54 months in federal prison and ordered to pay $63,951.73 in restitution.
Assisting the FBI in the investigation are the police departments of the cities Plano, Richardson, Dallas, Cedar Hills, McKinney, Arlington and Grapevine.
Rex Securities Law , with offices in Boca Raton, FL, and Austin, TX, provides representation to investors nationwide who are seeking recovery of investment losses due to the negligence or fraud of stockbrokers and broker dealers. If you have questions about how your account has been handled, call to speak with an experienced securities attorney.
Most cases handled on a contingent fee basis meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful.
Florida-561 391 1900