By Robert H. Rex, Esq.
FEBRUARY 2018 UPDATE–Heidi Wivolin pleads guilty to mail and tax fraud. Sentencing set for May 2, 2018. See this for details.
Rex Securities Law is investigating Heidi Marika Wivolin, a broker currently registered with NEXT Financial Group, and Shawn O’Sullivan, who operated a number of businesses out of the same office as the NEXT Financial Group branch office at 205 S Ocean Blvd. , Manalapan FL, on behalf of several customers, members of the local Lake Worth and Lantana, FL, Finnish community. The investigation relates to how the funds entrusted to Wivolin & NEXT were invested.
In addition to NEXT Financial Group, a FINRA registered broker dealer, our investigation includes the following unregistered Florida companies:
- FinnTrust, Inc.
- Finnish Pentecostal Church of Lake Worth
- FirsTrust Financial Corporation
- FirsTrust Insurance Services, Inc.
- FirsTrust Investment, Inc.
- FirsTrust Mortgage & Lending Corp.
- Global Land Finance Group, Inc.
- Global Insurance Trust Corporation
- United East Investments LLC
According to FINRA records, prior to NEXT Financial, Wivolin was registered as follows. Our investigation also includes the activities in our clients accounts during the time they were at these firms:
- First Discount Brokerage10/2005-12/2008
- Sterling Financial Investment Group7/2002-9/2005
- Delta Equity Services Corp1/2002-7/2002
- Securities America 5/1997-1/2002
- Sterling Financial 7/2002-9/2005
- Delta Equity Services1/2002-5/2002
- Securities America5/1997-1/2002
Call 561-391-1900 and ask to speak with Tom Murphy, Esq. or Robert Rex, Esq. or click the Contact Us button at the top of the page and provide us with your contact information and someone will be in touch with you.
561 391 1900